Updates, Live

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Thu Nguyen - Beijing in August


Thu Nguyen was born in Saigon and she got through the whole drama of immigration, like so many of her generation. She lives now in US, at Cabot, Arkansas.

Thu is painting mostly oil on panel. Says she, I prefer to not have an artistic statement, for my works are painters' paintings.

I will come back with more of her paintings on the blog: she has, I believe, that special Asian delicacy and pathos; look at this Beijing in August and you'll understand. I said pathos; maybe it's better to say wizardry. I'm thinking at that special Chinese movie from 1948, Spring in a Small Town. It's that mix of delicacy and pathos: pathos that is controlled by the Asian restraint, but it's there; and the artist has to be an wizard to master the mix. This is what I feel in the works of Thu Nguyen.

(Contemporary Art)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • thanks.
    I'm very flattered.
    Thu

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home