Updates, Live

Monday, May 04, 2009

Open House at the Ukrainian Embassy in Washington




I was on Saturday in Georgetown. The Embassy of Ukraine is there, on the M Street, not far from Key Bridge.

It was open house. I tried firstly a video, and the movie of Parajanov, Tini Zabutykh Predkiv (Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors) came to my mind. This movie is one of the masterpieces that are the closest to my heart.

I made then several photos. Icons, and holograms of some of the famous icons from the Lavra in Kiev, and handicraft, and beautiful Ukrainian girls dressed in national costumes: their culture speaks so much to me, as it is so amazingly close to our Romanian traditions and beliefs!




- Panaghia -



- Christ Pantocrator -
(hologram)



- Jesus Christ Our Savior -
(hologram)


- Our Lady the Infant Jesus -
(hologram)



And finally I ate some vareniki (dumplings) and drank a glass of Ukrainian black beer, after that I saw some Ukrainian girls, so beautiful that I couldn't resist to take some photos again.






- Two Girls and a Cossack -



- Two Girls and a Suspender Carrier -
(can you recognize him?)


(Stories from Key Bridge)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home