Updates, Live

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Little Church Around the Corner


It's on the 34th Street and it's lovely. It has its history, of course: in 1870 a famous actor of that time, Joseph Jefferson, had to take care for the funeral of a friend, actor George Holland. He tried to arrange with a big church on the 34th Street and was rebuffed and told that there was a little church around the corner where they were doing such things. Jefferson exclaimed, God Bless The Little Church Around the Corner, and the name remained till today.

New York actors praise of course this church, but not only them: it is an oasis of peace in the middle of Manhattan.

I did not know about it, till yesterday: I was with one of my sisters and with my brother-in-law, and I was looking for a coffee shop. They suggested me to buy the cup of coffee, then come to sip it in the small garden of The Little Church Around the Corner.


(New York, New York)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home