Updates, Live

Friday, March 05, 2010

Roads of Kiarostami



I think Kiarostami is, among contemporary filmmakers, the closest to my way of perceiving the world, my way of looking for the answers, my sensibility. Among today's creators, his ways in art interest me the most. A recurrent motive in his movies is the road: a car running along roads in arid landscapes, a solitary tree here and there, while the story goes toward green valleys, greener than Almighty's dreams. His movies are difficult, and that's because each of his movies is just a pretext, for the meta-movie: Kiarostami makes them just to see their relevance within reality. Each of his movies is, beyond the plot, a documentary, about the relevance of the plot; a discussion, a meditation, a search for answers. That's maybe why roads are so important in the economy of Kiarostami's movies: a documentary implies the road, often not knowing where it's going.

And sometimes the master tries some conclusions, like in this Roads of Kiarostami, made in 2006.


(I'm in the Mood for Kiarostami)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home