Updates, Live

Saturday, February 04, 2012

Down from the Line of Horizon


A lifetime can be spent in a Magellanic voyage around the trunk of a tree.

The more you watch, the more mysterious the natural world becomes... along with its beauty you may also come to experience its fecundity, its wastefulness, aggressiveness, ruthlessness, parasitism, and its violence.

Aliens have visited the Earth, and departed, leaving behind a number of artifacts.


I made this photo several years ago, on the borders of Potomac, near Little Falls. It was a great day, I had the feeling of being in wilderness, far from civilization, confronting Mother Nature, fecund, wasteful, aggressive, ruthless, parasite, violent, and above all unknown. Had been there before strange visitors from alien worlds? I had to discover. I took out my cell, I called my sweetheart, she was thousands of miles away, and I told her about my feelings.

(A Life in Books)

(Little Falls)

(Arkady and Boris Strugatsky)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home