Updates, Live

Friday, August 19, 2016

Artur de Azevedo

Artur de Azevedo
1855-1908
(source: O Nordeste)
no copyright infringement intended


Brazilian playwright, short story writer, chronicler, journalist and Parnassian poet, one of the representative authors of their belle époque; as a playwright he consolidated in Brazil the genre of comedy of manners (info source: wikipedia). I will try to put here some links to his works, though I found only 2 English translations (and I'm afraid they are not professional ones, rather amateurish - I will give anyway also the link to the original texts). I am interested in some of the authors of this Brazilian belle époque (interest raised by my friend Filipe Ponzi, by the way:) ). I'll come back later. Até breve amigos.



(dedicado a Filipe Ponzi)



(Una Vida Entre Libros)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home