Updates, Live

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Potomac Waterfront in Alexandria



The place is superb: the Potomac Waterfront in Alexandria. If you click on the image above you'll see the Capitol, far away.



I was there last Saturday and tried to record a video. I don't like what I got: a nervous recording contrasting with the peacefulness of the place. At least the noise of sea-gulls is fine.


You can see the large Cherry Blossom boat - restaurant, also the fine restaurant in the Lighthouse. Woodrow Wilson Bridge can be seen in the distance.



At the start of the video you can see a small part of Miss Mallory boat: it is used for sightseeing cruises between Alexandria and Georgetown. The boat appears in full by th end of the video. I took it many times. Once I made another trip by boat: from this waterfront up to Mount Vernon, to visit the manor of Washington. I'd like to make it again, this time with my camera.



(Alexandria)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home