Updates, Live

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lincoln Gallery

Lincoln Gallery is part of the Smithsonian American Art Museum in Washington DC.

The gallery is devoted entirely to the contemporary art. I found there the famous portrait of Phillip Glass, by Chuck Close. Ed Ruscha was also there with a splendid Minimalist painting, all blue. So, Photorealism was there in good terms with Minimalism. It was not only that: all kind of Video Art, New Figuration, Pop Art, and the like.

I tried several shots on the work of Close: a huge video installation was giving reflections on the portrait.

Then I tried to record a video: probably it's too fast, but I think it reflects my enthusiasm as I was walking around.





It was after I went out that I read about the history of the large hall hosting now the gallery: there took place the ball for the second inauguration of President Lincoln, in 1865.



(American Art and Portraiture)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home