Updates, Live

Friday, September 12, 2008

Tackle Box in Georgetown




Georgetown, M Street: a tackle box at the entrance of a very small restaurant. I know what such stuff is good for as I saw some while visiting my friend Jay in Maine.

Tackle Box in Georgetown. Inside no-frills tables and benches; the clients are mostly young guys, so the atmosphere is great.

You read the menus on a chalkboard: seafood of all kind; lobster on a roll seems to be the best choice. To be frank, I tried once, I was kind'o disappointed, as I had the kind memory of another lobster on a roll that I had eaten in Maine some years ago. Jay and I were on his boat on a huge lake surrounded by endless woods. We stopped by a very small island; it was as small as to carry just a seafood shack and nothing else!

I tried then several times the lobster on a roll in Quincey Market in Boston, and it was also very good.

Only this was some time ago, so memories can show stuff much better than it really was; maybe the lobster on a roll in Maine was exactly as it is on the M Street in Georgetown, plus the aura of the endless woods surrounding the huge lake, plus the small island offering room just for the seafood shack!

I tried then the wood-grilled trout: this time I felt it as marvelous! Add to this a clam chowder.

I came then several times in this place: and in some weekends when I was in other places I missed it, this Tackle Box restaurant on the M Street in Georgetown!










(
Washington, District of Columbia)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home