Updates, Live

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Mikhail Romm - Ordinary Fascism (1965)

Обыкновенный фашизм, 1965
(image source: ebay)
no copyright infringement intended

Обыкновенный фашизм, the documentary made by Mikhail Romm in 1965, using footage from the archives of the Third Reich. It is known in US and UK under various names: Ordinary Fascism, A Night of Thoughts, Triumph Over Violence, Trumps Over Violence, Echo of the Jackboot. I haven't seen it. From Romm's movies I saw only 9 дней одного года (Nine Days of One Year, with an unforgettable duo, Batalov and Smoktunovsky), and, as a kid, Admiral Ushakov. However, I knew about Обыкнobенный фашизм and even today I recommended someone to watch it if he would have the opportunity. I was based on what I read about this documentary and on what I heard about it.





(Mikhail Romm)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Thank you for this post. I watched this movie long ago, when I was a schoolgirl. Many people know about the WWII only from the "Schindler's List", and many other people know nothing about it. I think that everyone should watch the Mikhail Romm's film.
    "Those who forget the past are condemned to repeat it".

    By Blogger Tatyana@MySecretGarden, at 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home