Updates, Live

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Christ Church in Philadelphia

The Christ Church in Philadelphia carries the same aristocratic air that is the marque of the city: the cathedral of a community of people feeling independent from the very beginning, long before the Independence War.




I visited the church, walking slowly and staring at all those signs of great history: there is certainly greatness there, but also grace. It is monumental, yet friendly; it is friendly, yet keeping its class.

I went then out in the garden, where I found a good old friend of mine. I meet him each time I come to Philly.



We start talking, without haste, as we do each time, putting in good order our past stories.

This time it happened that I made a new friend, a musician playing Baroque music at cimbalom; a nice fellow who taught me a word of wisdom (as I was complaining of heavy rain): there is no bad weather, only bad clothing.




(Philadelphia)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home