Updates, Live

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Some Images from Istanbul

Kebabs typical of the town of Urfa, at Urfali Haci Usta

If you come to Istanbul, maybe you're hungry, so you should start having a Kebab or something, while not at Urfali Haci Usta?

You can now think where to go, keep in mind that anyway the day should end at a bar like Lal, on the Asian side: a good place to review what you've seen during the day and what you should try the next day. It has a NY air this bar, so you should be fine, maybe you're a little too tired and need to escape a bit from the Istanbul atmosphere.


Lal, a bar on the Asian side of Istanbul, has a New York-loungey vibe
(for all images credit Seth Kugel for The New York Times)


Well, what to see first? Good question. I would say try for the first day the Blue Mosque, the Grand Bazaar, and then the Spice Bazaar (by the way, the image of the Spice Bazaar reminded me of a movie I have seen maybe a week ago, A Touch of Spice).

To be honest with you, I would do all this in the second day: I would go firstly to Hagia Sofia. And truth is, I have never been in Istanbul yet. It's one of my dearest dreams. Meanwhile I'm reading Pamuk and Shafak, and I'm dreaming...


The tiled domes inside the Blue Mosque


Inside the Grand Bazaar


The Grand Bazaar


At the Spice Bazaar


Turkish delight for sale at the Spice Bazaar



(Blogosphere)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home