Updates, Live

Monday, March 19, 2012

Gérard Philipe in Fanfan la Tulipe

no copyright infringement intended
(http://www.horreur.net/film-5440.html)



Gérard Philipe remained for me Fanfan and Fanfan remained for me Gérard Philipe. I watched the movie as a child. I watched it again long time after. Along with Gérard Philipe there was Gina Lollobrigida, one of the great beauties of the Italian cinema of the fifties. The director was also very well known: Christian-Jacque. Other names in the cast: Geneviève Page was Madame de Pompadour, Noël Roquevert was Le maréchal des logis Fier-à-Bras (l'ennemi juré de Fanfan, if you know what I mean), and Gil Delamare, the famous stuntman, was also there, playing one of the soldiers. Add to this composer Georges van Parys, co-author of the score.

I watched one of these days on TV a remake from 2003: Vincent Perez (very good) and Penélope Cruz (superb). It offers a bit of more self-mockery, as years have passed and our sensibility subtly shifted.

Here is Fanfan La Tulipe from 1952, the movie of my childhood, the great spectacle of Gérard Philipe. For those not knowing French it would be good to have some knowledge of Slavic languages, as the subtitles are in Bulgarian.




What I didn't know was that also the movie from 1952 was a remake, after a Fanfan La Tulipe from 1925 (with Aimé Simon-Girard and Simone Vaudry), which in turn was a remake of the original, made in 1907.



(Gérard Philipe)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home