Updates, Live

Monday, April 09, 2012

Nietzsche: a Lied of Prinz Vogelfrei - Sils Maria - and Chopin

Edvard Munch - portrait of Nietzsche, 1906
no copyright infringement intended
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Nietzsche-munch.jpg)


Sils-Maria, the place with moments of joy, when he was feeling free as a bird, and enlightenment seemed so close, followed by moments of fear - he was asking too much there, to get the infinite - and nobody has got it. A splendid little poem - I added at the end an etude by Chopin: they go well together.



Hier sass ich, wartend, wartend, – doch auf Nichts,
Jenseits von Gut und Böse, bald des Lichts

Geniessend, bald des Schattens, ganz nur Spiel,
Ganz See, ganz Mittag, ganz Zeit ohne Ziel.

Da, plötzlich, Freundin! wurde Eins zu Zwei –
– Und Zarathustra gieng an mir vorbei.

Nietzsche House at Sils-Maria
no copyright infringement intended
(http://www.classical-composers.org/place/237)



Here sat I waiting, waiting, but for naught!
Beyond all good and evil—now by light wrought

To joy, now by dark shadows—all was leisure,
All lake, all noon, all time sans aim, sans measure.

Then one, dear friend, was swiftly changed to twain,
And Zarathustra left my teeming brain.


Nietzsche House at Sils-Maria
interior
no copyright infringement intended
(http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149114)



J’étais assis là dans l’attente - dans l’attente de rien,
Par-delà le bien et le mal jouissant, tantôt

De la lumière, tantôt de l’ombre, abandonné
A ce jour, au lac, au midi, au temps sans but.

Alors, ami, soudain un est devenu deux -
Et Zarathoustra passa auprès de moi...


Chopin, Etude C minor op.25 no.12
Maurizio Pollini
(video by egrosz)

On this perfect day, when everything is ripening and not only the grape turns brown, the eye of the sun just fell upon my life. I looked back, I looked forward,and never saw so many and such good things at once. It was not for nothing that I buried my forty-fourth year today;I had the right to bury it; whatever was life in it has been saved, is immortal... How could I fail to be grateful to my whole life-and so I tell my life to myself.
(Nietzsche, Ecce Homo - quoted by egrosz)

(Nietzsche)

(Chopin)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home