Updates, Live

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Psalm L/LI

Psalterion
This psalm has a special historical note in its heading, to the effect that it was sung by David after Nathan had convicted him in the matter of Bathsheba. On this we may comment only that this tradition was the highest compliment later Jews paid to David; if they sought he could, after such a rebuke, rise to this, then indeed they had confidence in him. (Erik Routley)

Have mercy upon me; O God, according to Thy loving kindness;
According unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions.
Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.
....
Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
(King James Bible)


Show me favor, O God, according to Your kindness,
According to Your vast compassion erase my transgressions.
Abundantly cleanse me from my iniquity and from my sin purify me.
...
Purge me of sin with hyssop and I shall be pure,
cleanse me and I shall be whiter than snow.
Make me hear joy and gladness,
may the bones which You crushed exult
(Artscroll Tehillim)

Miluieste-ma Dumnezeule, dupa mare mila Ta,
Si din multimea indurarilor Tale sterge faradelegea mea.
Mai vartos ma spala de nelegiurile mele si de pacatul meu curateste-ma.
...
Stropi-ma-vei cu isop si ma voi curati,
spala-ma-vei si mai vartos ca neaua ma voi albi.
Imi vei da sa aud bucurie si veselie
si tresalta-vor oasele cele smerite.
(Cartea Psalmilor)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home