Updates, Live

Friday, October 12, 2007

My First Video - Cricket in Fairfax



It is my very first video, so don't laugh. It was shot close to the place where I live. We have there a tennis court and some guys were playing cricket. I haven't seen a cricket game before, all I knew was that it looked a bit like baseball. Well, it's not like baseball. So it goes.

You'll be surprised: cricket is a British sport and it's not played in America. So, how could that be to have a cricket game just in Fairfax, Virginia?

The answer is that the players are from India! Some of them are studying at the George Mason University here in Fairfax, some others are working in the software industry. Tom Friedman would say that the world is flat! It seems he's right.

But please, don't laugh as you watch my video. I know it sucks at a certain moment, when I was not careful and a player appears without his head. To say nothing that you couldn't tell it's cricket - probably I would have to follow the ball. That's it. It happens sometimes to great movie makers, you know?

Enjoy.

Cricket in Fairfax









(Around Fairfax Circle)

2 Comments:

  • A usual scene at streets and grounds in India.
    No need to worry Pierre, video is fine. In fact its always difficult to follow a cricket ball with a cam. good attempt though.

    Well, even though cricket is a alien game for you, by any chance heard about Sachin Tendulkar? :) A famous cricketer from India who retired last year and considered one of the best in the world after Don Bradman.

    By Blogger Sanish, at 11:39 AM  

  • No, unfortunately :) My knowledge of the cricket universe is poor. Soccer is the sport of choice in my country. Thanks for your comment and your encouragement!

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home