Updates, Live

Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Cannibal Eye, Part One



My friend Dan posted a couple of weeks ago a chronicle of a Max Tzinman show at the New World Stages, in Manhattan. I remember the day Dan and I met in New York (for the first time: we have collaborated for a good number of years, yet without meeting each other). We went together to the New World Stages, a theater located near Times Square, to see the exhibition of Max. It was there in a bizzare loby that was spread over two underground floors.

The title of the show was kind of provocative, The Cannibal Eye, so we did not know at the beginning who was the cannibal. Presumably the artist, only he was very nice, so I suspected the cannibal was actually Manhattan, the Moloch who likes to devour his fidels.

The first time I was meeting Dan, also the first time I was in front of the work of Max: and it was greatly impressive.

The show title had some kind of an addenda attached to it: Part One, so I'm waiting for another exhibition. It's really great stuff.

Meanwhile Max created a video and a brochure of the show, so I copied them here to share with you guys the experience. Enjoy!

The Cannibal Eye, Part One


(Contemporary Art)

(New York, New York)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home