Updates, Live

Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Hat from Brookmont


I passed today by Brookmont; a mysterious hat was lying roadside. It happened that ten or fifteen minutes earler I had recorded a small video of a landscape reminding me the universe from the novels of the Strugatsky brothers, so I made instantaneously the connection: was that hat a signal sent from the Noon Universe?

Then I remembered that Monday begins on Saturday (one of the Strugatsky brothers' novels) starts with a school anecdote:

У ч и т е л ь. Дети, запишите предложение: Рыба сидела на дереве.
У ч е н и к. А разве рыбы сидят на деревьях?
У ч и т е л ь. Ну... Это была сумасшедшая рыба.

Which in English sounds like:

Teacher. Kids, write down the sentence: The fish was sitting on a tree.
Pupil. Is it possible for fishes to sit on trees?
Teacher. Well ... That one was a crazy fish.

So I realized: that one was a crazy hat.


- close up -


(Bethesda)

(Arkady and Boris Strugatsky)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home