Updates, Live

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Autumn at Kamigamo Shrine



Then, Ō-namochi-no-mikoto said:
The Sovereign Grandhild will dwell peacefully in the land of Yamato.

It's autumn now, and it's beautiful. I'm watching this video of Yoko, and my journeys in the parks surrounding DC come to mind. I was coming by metro to Bethesda, I was taking the Capital Crescent Trail and after one hour of walk I was at Little Falls on the Potomac.

Thus saying, he attached his peaceful spirit
To a mirror of large dimensions,
Eulogizing it by the name
Yamato-no-Ō-mono-nushi-Kushi-mika-tama-no-mikoto,
And had it dwell in the sacred grove of Ō-miwa.

There is a small Japanese shrine in DC, on the 16th Street, not far from Rock Creek Trail. I was there only once. It was summer, it happened to be that day the Grand Finale in the World Soccer Championship. I was watching the game my weird way: I was calling Bucharest every fifteen minutes from my cell, and I was asking about the score. Eventually Italy bet France that day.

He caused the spirit of his son
Aji-suki-taka-hiko-ne-no-mikoto
To dwell in the sacred grove of Kamo in Kaduraki;

Here, in this video, Yoko is walking at Kamigamo Shrine, in Kyoto: the place that protects the city. The shrine is the Gate of Hell; okay, let me explain: the hell is outside Kyoto, devils cannot pass the gate.


Caused the spirit of Koto-shiro-nushi-no-mikoto
To dwell in Unade;


Autumn is beautiful, but our feelings are mixed: summer is no more and winter will come soon. The hope for next spring is what warm us up.

And caused the spirit of Kayanarumi-no-mikoto
To dwell in the sacred grove of Asuka.




(The Thousand faces of HANAFUBUKI)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home