Updates, Live

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Burj Khalifa - the Opening Day

The location of the tallest construction on Earth returned to Middle East, the region of the legendary Tower of Babel. It's Burj Khalifa in Dubai, of 828 m. It is hosting the highest mosque in the world (600 m).

For me, the name of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe comes to mind: his design for the Friedrichstraße skyscraper. It makes sense, after all: the genius of the German architect foresaw in 1919 what today is known as Post-Modernism.



(Contemporary Art)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Certainly an informative post! I always wanted to visit Burj Khalifa with my spouse. Gladly, I am visiting my dream destination next week on Dubai Holiday Visa Visa with my spouse & kids. Burj Khalifa & theme parks of Dubai are on the top of our bucket-list. Looking forward having wonderful time.

    By Blogger benards, at 2:17 AM  

  • Thanks for your nice comment. I wish you have a wonderful trip there.

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 2:56 AM  

  • Great Post! Burj khalifa is the best tourist attraction of Dubai. I am also planning to visit dubai with my family. Yesterder I got a website for online dubai visa application but don't have any idea about this website. please friends help if you are aware about this website.

    By Blogger Andy smith, at 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home