Updates, Live

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Time is for Books and for Dreams


There is a time for everything. Time is for your books, and time is for your life. In Japan autumn is said to be the best season for reading. Days get shorter and twilight comes earlier, it is raining and windy, and it is getting cold. Yes, autumn is made for staying at home and browsing the books, and thinking at them, and dreaming at your books, books created by you, that haven't come yet, and maybe they will never come, but it is good to dream, to imagine stories never told by others, or to imagine rhymes, impossible words joined in impossible rhymes.

I remember, I was a child, and I had a neighbor, an old gentleman, very classy, who had been in Japan in his youth. I was paying him visits sometimes, I was under ten and he was over seventy, and he was telling me stories from the Nippon archipelago. He gave me once two small books, with stories for kids. They were from Japan, de luxe editions, with great drawings, and the paper was like parchment.

Tudor Posmantir, this was the old and distinguished looking gentleman, he had been one of the pioneers of Romanian cinematography.

Years have passed. I had the chance to watch some of the Japanese great movies and the chance to read some of their great books. It is a whole world, another world, and it would take more than a life to get some knowledge about.

And I'm watching the superb videos of HANAFUBUKI, while I'm dreaming at those stories from the Nippon archipelago.

There is a time for everything. Time is for reading, and time is for dreaming, time is for memories, and time is again for dreaming.


(The Thousand faces of HANAFUBUKI)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home