Updates, Live

Friday, February 04, 2011

Arvid - Mobile Uploads


Watching a photo made by Arvid to one of his recent paintings while listening the Concord Sonata. Two extremes. The joie de vivre, the légèreté of the Southerner gentleman who is Arvid. The dramatic attempt to recreate the Transcendentalists' universe, from one of the greatest personalities in the music of the XXth century. I will come back on Concord Sonata. I am fascinated. It's the realm of the fantastic. The daring music of Ives and the daring ways of thought of Emerson and the other fellows.

When I see the works of Arvid, I feel I am in the presence of a very good friend who simply enjoys my company and loves to share with me his great wines. While the sonata of Ives is a synthesis of a spiritual space that couldn't be anywhere but in New England.

(P&C Art)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home