Updates, Live

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Saint Patrick's Day


Rev. David Ensign, the minister of the Presbyterian community of Clarendon, VA (progressive, inclusive, diverse), has a few inspirational words for Saint Patrick's Day. His Irish great, great grandfather came to US from the Old Sod in the middle of the 19th century during a potato famine. Says David, St. Patty's Day always falls during Lent, and the day always reminds me of the journey of my great, great grandfather from hunger and poverty toward hope for something better.

And Rev. Andy Stinson, a chaplain in the US Army, reminds us the superb Christian confession of the man who has been the Apostle of Ireland, I am Patrick, a sinner, most uncultivated and least of all the faithful and despised in the eyes of many.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you all! I wish I were this evening in Ireland's Four Courts in Arlington, VA to celebrate with all my friends there!



(Church in America)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home