Updates, Live

Friday, March 18, 2011

View of the Dyke, Woolwich, Maine



The image above is an old postcard, well, as old as 1912 (which is old enough). Unknown publisher, unknown photographer, and all the charm of those stories starting with Once Upon A Time.

Maine is full of dreamy places like this one. I visited twice the Vacationland, as the State of Maine is known, and it was fabulous. I'd like to come one day to visit the town of Woolwich, too. I would try firstly to see whether the old dyke is still there. And maybe I'd try my chance in the evening at the Dancin Bear Boutique (seemingly in close distance, in Brunswick). They say that the guys from Jerry Garcia Band came once to the boutique. It could be only a legend, though. A poster keeps the memory of the event (or perpetuates a legend).



(America viewed by Americans)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home