Updates, Live

Monday, June 11, 2012

Kazuo Ishiguro

(http://www.biografiasyvidas.com/biografia/i/ishiguro.htm)
no copyright infringement intended

I haven't read yet the books of Kazuo Ishiguro, but I watched two very good movies based on his novels. I already talked here on one of them, The Remains of the Day, and I must say you recognize the qualities of the novelist trough the film (which also is good on his own merits). You can recognize a pleasure of Ishiguro to design a complex fabric encompassing individual destinies together with large historical canvasses, a pleasure to make this complicated construction develop in unexpected ways. And you feel there is a master of the game (better said of interwoven games) behind all that happens, a master comfortably seated at a control board, finding an immense pleasure in handling the switches as he likes. What happens then is something you wouldn't have expected: the clearly depressive mood of the plot is wonderfully balanced by the contagious pleasure of the author to play with his heroes and to imagine games.

I would like to comment soon the other movie, Never Let Me Go.



(A Life in Books)

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • I really enjoyed "Remains of the Day" - the book and the movie. I should pick up another book by him.

    By Blogger barbara l. hale, at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home