Updates, Live

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Marc Rubin at Principle Gallery

There is a luminosity about things. Everywhere there are little pools of magical light...people walk right by them all the time. If I can help someone see and appreciate some of this intimate beauty. I feel I've succeeded.



Marc Rubin: Singular
oil on painting
no copyright infringement intended


Marc Rubin: Propriety
oil on painting
no copyright infringement intended


Marc Rubin: Homogenous
oil on painting
no copyright infringement intended



I pull things from the debris of the world, objects we walk by every day, and by painting them, I attempt to bring out their beauty and the flash of emotion I first felt looking at them. These objects whisper their stories to me -- without words -- using only their texture, their weight, their humble presence. I bring the viewer eye-to-eye with them, and as simply as possible, I let them speak for themselves. They say things like: I'm tired, but grateful. I'm beautiful, and I will die. I'm here -- do you see me?


(Principle Gallery)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home