Updates, Live

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Teo Tarras - La Terrasse

Teo Tarras - La TerrasseIt was late and every one had left the cafe except an old man who sat in the shadow the leaves of the tree made against the electric light. In the day time the street was dusty, but at night the dew settled the dust and the old man liked to sit late because he was deaf and now at night it was quiet and he felt the difference.
Ernest Hemingway, A Clean, Well-Lighted Place


I was today in Clarendon firstly and then in Georgetown. I was looking for a book, A Rumor of War, by Philip Caputo, I found it in the bookstore in Clarendon. I read the first pages and it is remarcably written - only it should wait, I am now reading the Imperium of Ryszard Kapuscinski. In Georgetown I went to see an art gallery, the Attis Art, displaying only French artists: Tobiasse, Ferrer, Cayrac, among others. Cayrac has a splendid cut-out, Carnet de voyage, I will come later to it. I'd like to link the story behind Carnet de voyage to a work of Ferrer, Orient, also on view in the gallery. Here is an image of Carnet de Voyage:

Oliver de Cayron, Carnet de Voyage, Attis Art Gallery, Washington DC



Teo Tarras was born in Barcelone, in 1960. Here is another photo made by him, the Taj Mahal:


Taj Mahal



(Washington, District of Columbia)

(Hemingway)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home