Updates, Live

Monday, May 19, 2008

Arvid at P&C Art in Georgetown



I like good friends and great wines rather than great friends and good wines (Arvid)




Drinking wine is much more than mere liquid. It's a whole universe of bottles and labels, corks and cork-screws, glasses, either full or empty or half (whatever that means). All paintings of Thomas Arvid are about this universe.
There was an Arvid show at the P&C Art Gallery in Georgetown and Arvid was there. I tried to record a video. I started with the photo of Frederick Hart (somehow the spiritus rector of the gallery; for me Hart is The-Guy-Who-Was-Looking-Like-Lou, for reasons I'd explain perhaps later), then I passed to Les Bouchons, one of Arvid's trademarks, then I moved my camera freely among paintings by Arvid and sculptures by Hart.

I remember I saw two years ago a painting by Arvid in Manhattan, in SoHo. It was a coquette gallery on the Spring Street. I smiled as I was meeting an old dear friend: I was already familiar with his works for the P&C Art Galleries here in DC and in Alexandria.

(P&C Art)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home