Updates, Live

Monday, May 19, 2008

A Gift for my Friend Ion Vincent Danu: Chaim Soutine

Chaim Soutine - Return from School after the Storm, c. 1939

A couple of months ago I told on a web discussion list of words and palabras about a painting by Soutine I had seen at Phillips Collection. A friend of mine, the artist Ion Vincent Danu asked me immediately if I could provide him with an image. I was able to do it only yesterday. I visited again the collection and I took a shot of the work.

There is another Soutine at the National Gallery: I don't know whether it is currently on view; if it is I will take another shot for my friend.

For Ion Vincent Danu, a small piece of poetry:

I am a professional,
My shot is always for 5 pesos,
But you're my friend,
My shot for you will be for free.

(Phillips Collection)

2 Comments:

  • Multam,Pierre,pentru Soutine! Oh,the raw energy of that painting!! Soutine was a true painter, one for whom painting was life... No good for any thing else but painting...
    As for the rhymes,I know them from a movie( of course!a western)but somewhat different :"Hombre!I 'm a killer. I kill for money (mexican accent) but you are my friend...I kill you for nothing (same mexican accent)"

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

  • I prepared for you a loose adaptation of the original western rhymes. That's it. I'm glad you liked it.

    And thanks for your way to characterize Soutine!

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home