Updates, Live

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Blondes of Roy Lichtenstein at Gagosian


I wish I were in New York this moment. Some great exhibitions at galleries in SoHo and Chelsea, all opened only till Saturday, closed on Sunday. I should leave on Saturday morning and go straight to Castelli, or to Tony Shafrazi, or to Gagosian, and of course I wouldn't be able to see all three in the same day.

Gagosian has a Roy Lichtenstein show on its Madison Avenue site: twelve paintings glorifying twelve female creatures otherwise known as women (as Roberta Smith puts it in her art review from NY Times). Roy adored women, it's what Mrs. Dorothy Lichtenstein, the artist's widow, confesses in the show's catalog.

So twelve beauties. One of them is even a brunet: at the view of this Little Aloha, silence is turning film noir (according to Roberta Smith, and I'm giving her all credit).



Well, I won't be able to make it, to come to New York till end of June when the show ends. So I keep only this image on the blog, perhaps the sweetest blonde ever:




(Contemporary Art)

(New York, New York)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home