Updates, Live

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Tomorrow is Diwali



Diwali, the Festival of Lights: the term is a contraction from the Sanskrit word दीपावली (Dīpāvali) which means row of lamps. It involves the lighting of दीप (divas): small clay lamps filled with oil, to celebrate the triumph of good over evil. It's a rejuvenation, starting life again: celebrants wear new clothes and share sweets with family and friends. It is the awareness of आत्मन् (Ātman), your inner light, beyond your material senses, pure, infinite, and eternal.

It is the most important celebration in India, with significance in all major religions there.

I am happy with all my Indian friends, for them, and with them, I wish them, also I wish for myself, Happy Diwali! Let's enjoy the great celebration of Light!

(Blogosphere)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home