Updates, Live

Sunday, October 31, 2010

I Have Just Watched Shirin


My friends, I have just watched Kiarostami's Shirin. It's one of my most amazing evenings as a movie watcher. I thought I knew a lot about Kiarostami. I knew nothing! Shirin makes everything clear. The most daring movie I saw, ever.

I will come back to it, soon. It's late, and I have to put order in my thoughts. And, after watching it, you have the fear to talk about it, you fear a sacrilege. You need some time, to pass the moment of the miracle. Some time, to wait till it becomes a memory. Then you can talk, it's your memory.

It's maybe strange (is it?): the only thing I am able to say now, a rhyme I have put on this blog yesterday, in Italian, from a poem by Vincenzo Cardarelli:

l'amore
brucia la vita e fa volare il tempo


(love burns life and makes time fly)



(I'm in the Mood for Kiarostami)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Did not see Kiorostani films (I wish!) but I saw something amazing too: Perfume, after Patrick Suskind's book... Oh, man! Did you see it Pierre?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:34 PM  

  • No, I did not see Perfume, which seems to be very different.

    But I saw a very small piece of director Tom Tykwer (who made also Perfume). It is a vignette in Paris, je t'aime! It is a piece of great sensibility, with a mastership of using rapid flashbacks, with a great sense of directing the action. You can watch this vignette on my blog, at:

    http://updateslive.blogspot.com/2010/10/paris-je-taime-faubourg-saint-denis.html

    So I enjoyed it a lot, and I will look on the Netflix, to see if I can find also Perfume.

    Thanks to bringing it to my attention.

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 4:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home