Updates, Live

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Happy Darwin and Lincoln Day!


Today is the anniversary of Charles Darwin. He was born on February 12, 1809. It is also the anniversary of Abraham Lincoln, the same year, 1809, the same month, February, the same day, 12.

I have read once a column in a magazine about the two men. The author believed that Lincoln was more important for the history. I think Darwin was the greatest: maybe the greatest personality in the history of science. I am saying that while I confess my deep admiration for Lincoln.

And I remember a column that I have read ten or fifteen years ago, also in a magazine. That column was about the life of a man who failed throughout his life in all his endeavors, but never gave up. And ultimately he became the President of the United States, and remained for ever in history. This man was Lincoln.






(A Life in Books)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home