Updates, Live

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Edvard Grieg: Morgenstimmung


I lived for several years in an apartment on the fourth floor of a tower that had wonderful surroundings. My rooms were overlooking a forest and each morning this was the first thing I was seeing, while still in bed. The forest was setting my Morning Mood, was giving me a healthy mix of optimism and balance. A new day was beginning with its unknowns and challenges, but the forest was there, eternal. Grieg was coming in mind.

Grieg's Morgenstemning (Germ. Morgenstimmung, Engl. Morning Mood) depicts actually a scene in Morocco, with Peer Gynt climbed on a tree and guarding himself form a swarm of apes, while for any listener this music will bring in mind deep forests, grass, rivers and mountains. There was actually a connection to the original hero of the story: like Peer Gynt, I was a wanderer by that time, far away from the country I had lived in, and any new day in that new world was for me astonishing.




(Edvard Grieg)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home