Updates, Live

Monday, June 11, 2012

Barb Hale: Sunday Morning Indulgences

(http://commonplacebeautyphotography.blogspot.com/)
no copyright infringement intended

Barb Hale keeps a very interesting blog dedicated to Commonplace Beauty Photography. For her taking a photo is a way to discover the sublime in the mundane. A great photographer from Prague, Josef Sudek, famously said that he believed in the love of photography for banal objects. From Barb's blog I learned a saying of Confucius, everything has its beauty, while not everyone does see it.

I selected from Barb's blog the photo above. When it comes to her Sunday morning indulgences, the cup of coffee is joined by the papers she likes. Says Barb, I am old school, so  I read the newspaper every day,  and on Sundays, I read two newspapers;  my favorite sections of The Boston Sunday Globe are the Ideas section and the book reviews -  I save those for last…well, I save the crossword puzzles for last really.



(America viewed by Americans)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home