Updates, Live

Monday, July 13, 2009

Océanos - Trying a Reverse Translation

Oceans, a poem by Juan Ramón Jiménez. I found only the English version:

I have a feeling that my boat
has struck, down there in the depths,
against a great thing.
And nothing
happens! Nothing...Silence...Waves...

--Nothing happens? Or has everything happened,
and are we standing now, quietly, in the new life?

Here is a Romanian version (rather an attempt);

Corabia mea, simt,
s-a lovit, acolo in adancuri,
de ceva monstruos de mare.
Si nimic
nu se intampla! Nimic... Liniste... Valuri...

--Nimic nu se intampla? Sau... totul,
iar noi de-acum, in liniste, suntem in noua viata?

I think I begin to understand the special beauty of his poetry: essential questions expressed in the purity of nude words.

I'm trying here a reverse translation. If someone knows the original, please, correct me!

Tengo una sensación que mi barco
ha pegado, abajo allí con las profundidades,
contra una gran cosa.
Y nada
¡sucede! Nada… silencio… agita…

--¿Nada sucede? ¿O todo ha sucedido,
y ahora nos estamos colocando, reservado, en la nueva vida?


(Juan Ramón Jiménez)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home