Updates, Live

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Evening in Clarendon

Farmer's Market in front of Clarendon Metro Station
Each Wednesday the place in front of the Clarendon Metro Station is used for the Farmer's Market. I was today there and bought some stuff, then I continued my way down the Clarendon Boulevard.

TamaioasaThere is a fine Wine Cellar there. Usually they have there two or three sorts of Moldavian wine - today there was none - but I had a surprise: a bottle of Tamaioasa!

Clarendon is part of Arlington County in Northern Virginia; it's a nice place to live, of course very expensive. Not far from Fairfax, where I live. I usually come to Clarendon every Wednesday evening: I do some shopping at the Farmer's Market and at the Whole Foods store, I enter the Barnes & Noble to browse some books and CD-s, I take a cup of coffee at the Starbucks, sometimes I am walking further to Courthouse (as I did this evening), sometimes even to Rosslyn, sometimes I walk back up to Ballston and I take the metro back there.

I did not have too much luck this time at Barnes & Noble. I wanted to take a picture of a wallpaper that was over the cafe room: it is in any Barnes & Noble bookstore. The clerk I asked kept on saying something about the company's policy. And of course, nobody working there was able to give you any information about that wallpaper (it shows all famous British and American authors). The same wallpaper in any Barnes & Noble bookstore, and nobody from Barnes & Noble can give you any information!

I left the bookstore disappointed. Huge corporations like Barnes & Noble have their good and bad parts. This evening I could see only the bad parts.

It was already night, so I could take no more pictures. I tried to record a video instead, in front of the Barnes & Noble bookstore. There is a small garden there, with a playground, and some elegant stores around. Here you go:




(Clarendon)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home