Updates, Live

Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Gift for Yoko

It's Sunday evening and I came back home from a long walk. I was tired and I took a bit of rest. I found then on youTube a video that I liked a lot: it's a French film director, Claire Denis, telling us how she arrived to love to movies of Ozu.

This is a gift for Yoko, as I know how much she loves Ozu, and Mizoguchi, and Kurosawa, and Naruse, but, I believe, most of all she loves Ozu.




(Yasujiro Ozu and Setsuko Hara)

(The Thousand faces of HANAFUBUKI)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Thank you so much for your nice gift,Pierre!

    I've watched "Talking with Ozu" several years ago. That's a tribute film to Ozu featuring reflections from directors Stanley Kwan, Aki Kaurismaki, Claire Denis, Lindsay Anderson, Paul Schrader, Wim Wenders, and Hou Hsiao-Hsien.

    I loved the part of Aki Kaurismaki the most, but I liked the whole film as well.

    Anyway, your gift really made me glad.

    By Anonymous Yoko Shibata, at 2:53 AM  

  • Thanks for your warm comment :)

    By Blogger Pierre Radulescu, at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home